For the last few months I have been secretly planning an assault on the New York Times bestseller list. Today, I can finally announce the release of the book I’m hoping will do the trick.
The Indie Author Power Pack: How To Write, Publish & Market Your Book contains three top-rated guides:
- Write. Publish. Repeat by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
- Let’s Get Digital (2nd ed.) by me
- How To Market A Book (2nd ed.) by Joanna Penn
- + Bonus Content!
It’s only available for a limited time, and you can pre-order it now for just 99c at:
The box will launch on Monday, November 3, but if you pre-order now the book will automatically download to your device next Monday.
I took great care in selecting the books for this box set. I wanted to present the very best books covering the three main tasks an author faces: writing, publishing, and marketing.
Write. Publish. Repeat by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant is wonderful, containing all sorts of useful information for writers at any stage of their careers. You can read my five star review on Amazon here from when I first read it – and that’s just one of over four hundred five-star reviews.
This book covers so much great stuff, but the section on Story Beats really blew me away and revolutionized how I write. You can read my post on that here, along with an excerpt from the book.
That chapter on Story Beats (and the one on Product Funnels) would be worth the normal full price of this book alone – $5.99 – but you can get it now as part of this box for just 99c! I called Write. Publish. Repeat “the best book on self-publishing” when it was released. It’s the book that raised the bar and inspired me to update Let’s Get Digital so extensively.
Let’s Get Digital will be very familiar to most of you, and the box contains the most recent update, the brand new second edition which was just released at the start of September. If you want to read more about this update, go here.
How To Market A Book by Joanna Penn is another great read, this time focusing on marketing. I chose this title because I felt it was the very best guide out there covering the whole world of marketing as it pertains to selling books.
It’s equally useful for a beginner and those who are comfortable with marketing concepts and strategies, and is especially handy for authors who don’t know how to approach marketing, where to focus their time, or how to get things moving.
What I love about Joanna Penn’s marketing advice is that it’s all actionable – no pointless waffling on theoretical concepts with little practical use. She is someone who has walked the walk too: Joanna is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. You can get a sample of her no nonsense, hands-on approach to marketing in this guest post on my blog.
Again, Joanna’s book alone would be easily worth the price of this box – especially because this is the new updated second edition only released a couple of weeks ago.
You can now grab it, along with Write. Publish. Repeat and Let’s Get Digital for just 99c from the following retailers:
BONUS CONTENT: As some of you may already own all three books, we have some exclusive content only available in this box. Myself, Joanna, Sean & Johnny recorded a Google Hangout discussion which covers the key things that writers need to focus on as they build their career up from having just one book to have a whole catalog, and how your marketing approach changes along the way.
There is a link in the box set to the audio, the video, and a transcript too, and we also reveal some personal stuff we’ve never shared anywhere, and I talk about my, uh, baboon heart…
To recap, that’s three top-rated writer’s guides, with a normal retail price of $17, available for just 99c AND you will get exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else. Do your career (and your wallet) a favor, and grab it now at:
Shooting for the NYT Bestseller List
As I said up top, I put together this box set with the explicit aim of hitting the New York Times bestseller list. That might be a long shot, I don’t know. I think we have a chance. There are some promo fireworks lined up for the launch, and three big platforms to put together, so anything could happen.
But we need your help.
Nanowrimo kicks off in a few days, and I think this box set is ideal for anyone participants. Indeed, there is stuff in here which will be of great assistance to all writers at any stage of their career – over 1,000 pages of advice on every imaginable topic related to writing, publishing, and marketing. This box set is something that writers will be able to return to again and again as their career develops.
However, The Indie Author Power Pack is only available for a limited time. And we’re launching it at 99c so the time to buy, and the time to spread the word, is now.
If you can help with our push that would be great. Here are some things you can do:
1. Buying. Purchasing is the easiest way to help. Any time from now is good! We want you to shop at your preferred retailer, but if you have multiple accounts, and are wondering where your purchase will help us most, that would probably be Barnes & Noble (for New York Times list-hitting reasons), followed by Amazon, but a purchase anywhere will assist in that goal, and will be hugely appreciated. If you want to help in other ways…
2. Reviewing. Even if you have only read Let’s Get Digital it would be great if you could copy that review across to the box set (here). You won’t be able to do so until it moves out of the pre-order phase (next Monday). And, in case you are unaware, it’s perfectly acceptable to review a box when you’ve only read one of the books – that’s standard procedure for box sets, just note same in your review (i.e. this review applies to Let’s Get Digital…). If you have read more than one of the books, even better. Just a line or two would make all the difference.
3. Sharing. If you are a writer (or an aspiring writer) I’m sure you know lots of other writers too. Please tell them about this box set! You’ll be doing them a favor, I promise. Feel free to forward this email to any writers you know (there’s a handy button below). You can also use any of the graphics or words in this email when sharing on Facebook, Twitter or your blog (contact me if you need anything specific).
If you like, here is a tweet you can share easily:
The Indie Author Power Pack – 3 Top Rated writer's guides for just 99c! http://t.co/f77671rF9K
— David Gaughran (@DavidGaughran) October 28, 2014
4. Cross Your Fingers! Hitting the New York Times bestseller list will be tough for three reasons. First, you need a lot of sales. Second, you need a minimum number of sales from more than one retailer (hence the Barnes & Noble suggestion above). Third, you need favorable winds. But with your help, we have a real chance.
If you have any questions about the books in the box, the aims, the motivations, or the strategies, fire away!